CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 25, 2008

These Days...

Hi. We apologize for a lack of blogetiquette. Your grace would be appreciated since we are quite virginal to the blogosphere. Here is an update for all of you who really wish Jo-Jo, Danger, and Lindor had a reality show that you could tune into every week...one day my friends, one day.

Hi readers. We love each of you. Some perhaps more than others but love abounds. Well, we will start with tonight and work backwards. Jo-jo and I (Sarah) went on a brisk walk around the neighborhood. It was "blustery" as Jo-jo described, but we didn't get hit by any cars or trucks or vespas...so that was cool. We made it home after 3 miles of exercise and chats about our lives, Jourdan's new song, boys (tee hee), and our menstrual cycles. Our tummies were squealing for attention so we opted for the taco soup leftovers since I was instructed to add more color to my diet the other day. Bazzle (that's jo-jo) was in charge of soup warming and in an effort to be efficient and satisfy our tummies sooner decided to put two largish bowls of soup in our pint sized microwave. While she was checking the soup warmth, she pulled one of the hot bowls out with her unprotected hands and spilled soup all over her hand and the counter. As Jourdan was washing her hand off and making sure she did not need to go to the burn unit at Parkland for a skin graft from her hiney, I was eyeing the mess on the counter and thinking about the best way to clean it up, but also wondering if we could salvage any of it. If you don't already know, the girls of apartment 2002 are about as unfancy as Dallas gets and are not afraid to eat spilled, counter-germ soup. So I asked Jourdan if we might be able to save it, she responded with a hearty "absolutely" and grabbed the nearest spoon off Linde's handy silverware tree --- yet another reason why we are besties (the reply, not the tree). Jo-Jo began scooping counter-germ soup into the half-filled bowl, while I tried to keep it from plopping off onto the floor. After salvaging as much off the top of the mess as possible, we decided to heat the bowls individually which turned out to be successful. Once our soups were warmed, we added the cheese and chips, sat down to eat, and enjoyed a dinner together whilst discussing boys (tee hee), how Jesus keeps showing up for us even in our weird stages, and of course our hormones and menstrual cylces and how far is really too far (tee hee). It was a good night and I didn't find even one stray hair or brownie crumb in my soup.

PS: Jourdan discovered a cut capo and became a rock star in an afternoon...seriously. Noe, a sweet small child-like creature, sang in the microphone at 121 community church yesterday.

8 comments:

Dawntoya and Adam said...

Funny Sarah! I have to say though...I am a total germaphobe and you guys would have lost me to a "Wendy's" run had I had the privilege of being there. But something about carefree chics is diggable.

Noe said...

hi-eeeeeeeeeeeeee! i miss playing with you girls and all the little doggieeeees. you girls are sillyyyyyyy! tortee soup off of the counter!? heheheheheee thats funnyyy! what does menstrual mean? i like linde's shiny ring. it looks like my glitter pictures i make in the nurseryyyy. isn't it neat that i'm only 6 and i can type on the computer? brendan taught me how. yep, he suuuuure did. i have to go pottyyy. i miss you sillyyy girls. byyeeeeeeee!

Beyonce said...

Hey, now this is a really cute idea! I just wanted to remind you guys about the "how far is too far" expo coming up in the Warehouse. I think they'll be serving dinner, so Sarah, you can get your color variety there. For Free!!!

Unknown said...

I'm with Dawn on this one. I would have been in the car with her ordering a #4 from Wendy's.

love you jo-jo!

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

I was delighted to find that this blog was updated! PRAISE-a-LUJAH!
I was a little concerned with it's contents. :) Menstrual cycles. Paaarreeeach it please. :)
Taco Soup. Yum.
And well...keep updating because I giggled outloud.

PS. I wish I was named Beyonce. Peter wants to name our dog that.

Amanda said...

soup off the counter. I really think that should be the name of Jourdan's band.

Lacey Gilliam said...

Glad to hear that you were not chased by any red trucks on your walk the other night. Lots of love to you both!

Rachel DeBell said...

For some reason I feel like I just watched the movie Juno again in fast forward. My 2 Websters were of no help, but I think I got the jist of it all! Hilarious none-the-less!